Job Title: Claims Adjuster – Auto/RV
- Current Employees – Email Human Resources (HR@agwsinc.com) with your interest in applying for the posted position. You should concurrently communicate your interest to your direct reporting Manager.
- External Referrals – The employee referring the candidate should email Human Resources with the resume and any additional information from the candidate.
Authorizing vehicle service contract claims by investigating, evaluating and negotiating minor to complex vehicle repair costs and to accurately determine coverage and liability. Responsibilities include providing accurate benefit and adjustment amounts on claims to reach fair and efficient claims resolutions while managing costs in accordance with policies and procedures.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 or more years of experience adjusting automobile mechanical claims
- 2 or more years of experience as a (Automotive and/or RV) mechanic within a service department, dealership, or independent shop
- Highly skilled in diagnosing auto mechanical failures
- Knowledge of parts and repair costs for vehicles
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel) and related software applications
- Ability to maneuver through multiple systems within a windows type environment
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure in a fast paced environment
Preferred Education and Experience
- Degree or certificate from an accredited service technician program
- Knowledge of motorcycles, RV’s and boats
- Current ASE certifications
- Experience using vehicle tracking systems or databases
- Call center experience
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full-time position
- Standard days are Monday through Friday
- Standard hours are 40 hours per week (dependent on workload)
- Schedule flexibility will be allowed if pre-planned and approved
- Must be willing and have the ability to work additional hours during peak business needs, as requested
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings, as required.
- Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Answer inbound calls for vehicle mechanical breakdown claim calls
- Provide information about claim processing and explain the different levels of contract coverage and terms
- Must be able to use good judgment and general repair best practices for claim resolution
- Accurately establish, review and authorize claims utilizing corporate data entry system
- Investigate and determine company liability based on cause of failure and vehicle coverage terms offered in vehicle service contracts as cost effectively as possible
- Use of other available means of evaluation of a vehicle repair claim, such as reading inspection reports and vehicle maintenance records as recommended by the vehicle’s manufacturer
- Return phone messages and emails within one business day
- Provide accurate updates on computer files for calls received
- Make use of problem solving/decision making skills to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction and resolution of disputes
- Read, understand and apply contract language
- Understanding of general automotive repair procedures and processes
- Address customer issues and ensure effective and long-term problem resolution
- Communicate and resolve issues in a professional, timely and tactful manner while keeping leadership informed of employee concerns, issues, and problems
- Maintain ongoing two-way communication promoting professionalism, teamwork, positive employee morale, and outstanding customer service
- Must have the ability to work additional hours, holidays, and weekends as needed
- Project a professional image in all settings
- Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned
The duties listed above are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing; they are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific duties, responsibilities and activities does not exclude them from the position; as they may change at any time with or without notice.